heart burn

new teen titans (dcu), donna troy/koriand'r

date posted: 2023-06-02

summary: Under the sunlight, the bright sky, her touch and all its warmth.

event: sapphic summer 2023

word count: 238 words

notes: written for sapphic summer, prompt was "DC: Donna/Koriand'r - touch the sky"


“Hold me,” Kory says, almost like a command, but Donna sees her wide grin, the sunlight gleaming in her eyes. She closes her eyes for a moment longer than a blink, and chuckles.

“I fly all the time, Kory, I’ll be fine,” she smiles, and sees Kory tilt her head to the side, slightly, so sweetly. Her shoulder is warm to Donna’s touch. She wants to embrace the urge to go in for theatrics, to take Kory by the lips and squeeze her tight and lift her into the sky, no matter how cheesy it is.

She traces circles on Kory’s shoulder with her fingertip, looking straight at her, feels the honey sweet heat all over Kory’s body, all over her own.

Kory chuckles a little, too, and Donna sees her smile grow. She has a knack for that, Donna knows, her all-encompassing smile drenching everything nearby in its light.

“Just hold me. I know you want to,” Kory says, mirthful, and Donna lets go of her inhibitions, and squeezes Kory tight, tight as she possibly can, as she raises them both into the air.

Donna feels Kory’s lips on hers, feels their warmth and all it blooms throughout her; she glances up, for just a moment, hard to look away from Kory, and sees the sun over them, the cloudless, aqua sky above them.

She pulls back, sees Kory, all of her illuminated, and leans in again.